[RTTY] High Speed RTTY again

k3mm at verizon.net k3mm at verizon.net
Fri Jan 29 17:33:34 PST 2010

One thing to keep in mind with a pair of 250hz filters is that if the passbands arent perfectly aligned, you get less than 250hz, and I've seen these filters be as much as 100hz off spec.

I cant understand the logic of running ASCII vs. BAUDOT.  That's 2 extra bits per character without considering shifts.  Running higher speed and extra bits also brings increased chances for errors on weak signals.

If we are going to do that, we'd be much better off running PSK at double speed, which isnt a bad idea anyway...

Ty K3MM