[RTTY] GU0SUP DL-DX contest

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Mon Jul 5 03:18:06 PDT 2010

Ron Kolarik wrote: "watch the cluster, it's a way around self-spotting. If
the offending station
spots you then parks just above.......well, it's just wrong."

I don't completely agree. There have been several times, when I was
"running", and moved a few kHz, either side of my "run" frequency, to work
another station. I have spotted them, and returned to my "run" frequency,
and continued to call CQ. Spotting a station, close to your "run" frequency,
shouldn't always be construed as self-spotting? What is more frustrating, at
least to me, is to have someone spot a station that I can't hear, a few kHz
from me, then have to endure the QRM created by others, that can hear the
station, calling.

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW