[RTTY] QRM on E4X

Dick Kriss aa5vu at att.net
Tue Jun 1 10:16:36 PDT 2010

> Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 22:04:15 -0500
> From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au at bellsouth.net>
> Subject: [RTTY] 200 hz filter on RTTY
>
> Test driving a new Icom IC-7600 on consignment from Icom.
>
> Tonight there were several us in New Orleans trying to copy E4X on 10140 kHz.
> There was a very strong steady signal right on his mark frequency.

Hi Don,

We just got home from vacation and I was trying to work the E4X on 10.140
on 1-June and noted the interference you mentioned.  I finally got fldigi to
copy E4X around the QRM and saw part of my call, the VU, on a report at
0307z but I don't think it was a good QSO as there is no Greenie in the
EA2RY's E4X Log Online.  Hopefully, conditions will be better this evening.

I could have used the new Icom IC-7600 or Chen's cocoaModem with its
Mark-Only (MO) and Space-Only (SO) to get around the interference.

73 Dick AA5VU