[RTTY] Correction: WriteLog + 75 Baud

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 6 09:12:16 PDT 2010

WriteLog DOES transmit FSK and AFSK 75 Baud RTTY using the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog.

However, it doesn't work as you normally think it would.  In my testing, I brought up my normal RTTY setup using the MMTTY plug-in
at 45 baud.  I then attempted to change the baud rate by going to the "Mode" menu in Rttyrite and selecting "75 baud (100 WPM)
Baudot".  When I transmitted, the rate remained at 45 baud.

In order to change from 45 to 75 baud transmission, I had to go to the "Option" menu in the MMTTY RTTY Control panel and select
"Setup(O)".  In Setup, I had to go to the Decode tab and change BaudRate to 75.

I was then able to transmit 75 baud RTTY using WriteLog and the MMTTY plug-in to WriteLog.  This worked with my simple transistor
FSK interface and my microHAM microKEYER.

I working on a web page on this subject.  I will announce it when it's finished.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com