[RTTY] ROS

John Barber GW4SKA ska at bartg.org.uk
Sat Jun 12 11:23:30 PDT 2010

When operating in the test this afternoon on 14097.5 I was told to QSY as I was on the ROS frequency. The policeman told me to look on the net for info on ROS. I did QSY in case this was some emergency set-up.

A search later got me to the Southgate ARC site where the frequency for this mode is stated to be 14101 and I found out it was just another data mode. Does anyone know more about where they operate, 14097 or 14101?

It seems like a mode that I have never heard about can grab a frequency in the middle of the usual RTTY section. Sorry, but in future they can take their chances on where I happen to be operating. We already stay clear of 14100, 14095 and various other slots. If ROS is magically robust it should work round my RTTY!

Cheers,

John GW4SKA (GB50ATG)