[RTTY] BARTG 75 Sprint

Stephen/Marilyn Haines steveandmarilynhaines at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 04:39:49 PDT 2010

On 6/13/2010 7:02 AM, John Barber GW4SKA wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Nice to see everyone on the screen. I also worked G3WW and wondered about his age!
>
> Comments seen so far have all been praising the contest, even seen 'all contests should be run on 75' from one W regular. I thought it was brilliant. Much slicker (working 4 a minute at the start) and also very much quicker when searching through for new ones. Going back to the other contest on 45 seemed a complete pain ... so slow! My usual 250Hz filter was OK most of the time but it is a bit tight on 75, so had to switch to 500Hz for a few contacts.

 From the perspective of one with a poor signal (FT-757, 40 watts and a
vertical), the higher speed seemed to make QSOs much harder for me. I'm
also not in a center of RTTY activity. The difference between 45 and 75
baud pushes me from "yes it's hard but I enjoy it" to "It's impossible
-- why bother." Is there anyone else on the list with a truly weak
signal that had the same reaction? Steve, ZP9EH