[RTTY] BARTG 75 Sprint

Ian GM4KLN gm4kln at cairn-ltd.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 06:36:03 PDT 2010

Steve

I also have a fairly mediocre station with 50w to a vertical dipole actually
below the surrounding ground level (it is in a cut-out area at the bottom of
my garden) and my path to Caribbean thru North America is intercepted by a
steep sided hill within 1/4 mile.

Unlike you, I found no discernable difference between 45 and 75 as far as
repeats were concerned: I think it is often more a case of power
discrepancies, in that I work folk churning out 300+ watts, but my
pee-shooter station enjoys far lower ERP especially - this particularly the
case when I am S&P scratching round for new stations who are sometimes weak
at this end, so I must have been very weak at their end. All credit (and
thanks) to all those for persevering and pulling me through. Then again...I
guess you had a stream of stations queuing for your multiplier, whereas I
never experience that pleasant phenomenon....

I found that fine tuning the macros to give 3 - 5 runs of the exchange was
most effective in minimising repeat requests.

73, Ian GM4KLN