[RTTY] Cheating

Cheryl Whitlock cherwhit at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 09:31:08 PDT 2010

Don and all,

Cheating is one of the reasons I do not like SO2R. That is bad enough, but
it ties up too many frequencies on already crowded bands on contests
weekends as well. I don't see things changing until contest sponsors start
banning SO2R from the contests, which I would cheer if they did. It really
irks me to call CQ and get a message that the frequency is in use, but no
immediate contacts are made.

As far as cheating in general, I know a ham who has run high power in the
contest, but enters under low power. What is the thrill in that?

73,

Cheryl, AA4YL