[RTTY] Cheating

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Jun 14 14:22:42 PDT 2010

There is no contest that has a "multi-transmitter" class for
single operators.  Even for multi-operator classes the class
is based on the number of simultaneous SIGNALS not the number
of transmitters in the station.

Keep the discussion productions - stop the class warfare.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 6/14/2010 5:05 PM, James Colville wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV<lists at subich.com>  wrote:
>

>> Marty,
>>
>> Like you I'm tired of the semi-annual attack on SO2R operators and
>> those who use every alleged instance of cheating as a pretense to
>> attack SO2R.
>>
>>   >  A single op operating one station cannot compete with another
>>   >  single op who possess the skill and hardware to operate two
>>   >  stations almost simo.
>>
>> And the answer to that is "so what?"  Nowhere else in amateur
>> radio do we separate operators by skill levels, antenna size,
>> transceiver sensitivity, number of receivers, or any number
>> of other parameters.
>>
>> ## On the contrary.
> ## We put those folks in the multi transmitter class.
>

>> Keep the discussion productive and address cheating - stop using
>> the cheating problem as a pretense to engage in the amateur
>> equivalent of class warfare.
>>
>> 73,
>>
>>     ... Joe, W4TV
>>
>> On 6/14/2010 4:23 PM, Martin Bluhm wrote:
>>> Sorry Joe, but have to disagree with you on this one up to a point. On
>> the
>>> cheating angle, I have to agree.
>>> This horse was ridden very hard and hung up soaking wet a few months
>> back.
>>> My feelings towards SO2R have not changed; although
>>> Like I say in the terms of cheating, I go along with you. Not opening the
>>> former thread again, it comes down to a competitive nature,
>>> Where the SO2R ops should be in a class by themselves. They are very
>> skilled
>>> and my hats off to them for doing what they do. A single op operating one
>>> station cannot compete with another single op who possess the skill and
>>> hardware to operate two stations almost simo. The numbers do not add up.
>>> Let them compete with each other. That is the only way.
>>>
>>> Enough said, back into the woodwork.
>>> 73
>>> Marty