[RTTY] FW: Cheating

Gary E. Jones garyejones at cmaaccess.com
Mon Jun 14 16:17:42 PDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary E. Jones [mailto:garyejones at cmaaccess.com]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 6:14 PM
To: 'Michael Haack'
Subject: RE: [RTTY] Cheating

I left active contesting as a serious participant for those two reasons....

1.)  Unless I wanted to commit $100,000 to $200,000 I was never going to
"best" the guy in my section that had spent that much money. He and I were
in the same class.
And
2.)   a single operator entry should be one person, one radio, and no
farting around with two or three transmitters on different bands as long as
one is not transmitting at the same time as one of the others...

When I realized that contesting was little more than many people finding
their own unique way and version of "cheating", I decided to spend my time
in more productive pursuits. Anyone that thinks that cheating is not common
(many think that their particular way of slicing the rules to their own
advantage is not cheating), but there are a thousand ways to cheat, and
anyone who does not think it is going on in contesting is blind or a fool.

  73

              Gary     W5FI