[RTTY] cheating

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 01:18:07 PDT 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:57:52 -0600, "W0MU Mike Fatchett"
<w0mu at w0mu.com> wrote:

>So I guess operators should be judged and put in their own categories
>because they are better than you?  Really?

REPLY:

Operators that are better than me already have their own category.
They're called "winners".   :-)

I don't mind (too much) being beat by someone who is simply better at
contesting than I am. I do mind it when he uses hardware (second
radio) to gain an advantage. That's why, when I run high power, I
don't compare my scores against low power ops. That would be unfair,
just like two radios against one is unfair.

I run HP because I am impatient, not because I want to run up a high
score. If others have more patience, good for them. I don't expect
their scores to be in the same category with mine because it simply
would not be fair to them. I do not want to outscore someone because I
have an amp and they don't. Same with two radios vs one. No one should
have to have an amp to be competitive and the same with a second
radio. Thaa's why sports have categories to begin with - competing on
a level playing field to the greatest extent possible.

73, Bill W6WRT