[RTTY] Cheating - (No Scratch that make it - "Whining")

Ron K5DJ k5dj at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 16 07:40:21 PDT 2010

Hi All, it's been a while since I check in.. I really haven't laid my hand
of a radio since CQWW RTTY 2002 Contest.  However,  I do

check the RTTY reflector from time to time and it seem like it's the same
conversation that comes up some 10 times a year, and is

started by the same person.

I really liked Scot's comment Especially the last line, so I figured what
the heck I would add my 2 cents worth.

Bill you have convinced me you can't or won't ever manage to be able to
handle SO2R..  No doubt about it, it's over your head.

However, that doesn't mean you should whine all the time about someone
cheating because they use SO2R, because you can't

handle it, you can use it also, you just have to learn how.  No matter how
you want to look at it SO2R is still ONE RADIO on the

air at a time. Which is what the rules say it OK.   That's why nothing has
changed.  Sponsors don't want to raise any cane over nothing,

so they haven't complained about any cheating when SO2R is used.  When I was
contest manager for CQWW and WPX we had

plaques for almost every category you could think of even rookie of the year
award . If memory recalls correctly I use to send

out for those two contests some 140 plaques each year.  I think I could find
a sponsor that would continue sponsoring a category

if they leave it alone if you and your little group did get some to
complain..

As for Don AA5AU question to rtty reflector on how many wanted SO2R and how
many didn't. I saw the post and didn't reply

because I really wanted to see just how many would vote no..  As you said
the vote was some 500 more no votes. Ok, That is a

VERY low amount to be changing anything.  It wasn't enough to change the
rules. Most all of us that that, why you can't I have

no idea!!.  Bill it's just you and your little group that wants to whine
about it.  We know you don't like SO2R we have heard it for

over 10 years.  All we are asking is make your SO2R comments a direct
comment and not on the reflector PLEASE, it got OLD many

years ago...

I mean no personal insult to you personally. Other than that, I think your a
fine contester, and hope you have fun in the future..

 73, de Ron K5DJ