[RTTY] W6WRT is correct...

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 08:47:42 PDT 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 06:47:47 -0600, Jim Reisert AD1C
<jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>Bill, that statement doesn't tell the full story because it does not
>break out attrition.  The list could have added 400 new members, but
>lost 300 original members.  Surely that's an exaggeration, but no
>commercial enterprise or political candidate likes to lose members of
>their core base.  And one doesn't want to drive away newcomers into the
>fold, who *thought* this aspect of the hobby could be fun, but quickly
>tired of all the bickering.

REPLY:

Your point is well taken. However, I would point out that the RTTY
reflector is one of the oldest on the internet, pre-dating even Yahoo
Groups I believe. To have a long-established reflector suddenly jump a
large amount in membership is not likely.

Frankly, I was superposed to see the amount of increase we have had in
the last year - approximately 10%.

73, Bill W6WRT