[RTTY] FLDigi vs MMTTY?

Ed w3nr at comcast.net
Fri Jun 18 14:01:02 PDT 2010

On 06/18/2010 03:00 PM, Bill, W6WRT wrote:
> Has anyone done a side-by-side comparison between FLDigi and MMTTY as
> to weak-signal decoding ability?
>
> I have been holding off from FLDigi due to lack of FSK keying ability
> but now I see there is a pseudo-FSK option available. It does require
> a small external circuit but looks easy enough to do.
>
> All comments welcome.
>
> 73, Bill W6WRT

A couple of years ago a VE did some side by side and published the
results on a web page somewhere.

I think if you installed fldigi and did your own testing, you would have
a better concept.

The vast majority of fldigi users are on AFSK.

Keep in mind with the addition of an inexpensive sound card fldigi will
also allow SO2R.

Depending on the radio, a seperate PTT is not needed. I have both a
Omni6 and a FT-450 that use software PTT.

Also keep in mind that fldigi is bridged to N1MM thanks to Rick N2AMG's
work.

fldigi is solid as a rock in Linux and for the most part M$. OS-X seems
to be our problem child. But thanks to a couple of very savy users most
OS-X problems get solved.

The psuedo keying will also allow QSK CW.

73 Thanks

Ed W3NR

list moderator and all around fldigi problem solver.