[RTTY] 599 Log Reports?

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 02:43:18 PDT 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:20:29 -0700, Dick Flanagan <dick at k7vc.com>
wrote:

>I am really new at RTTY contests and when looking at the BARTG Sprint
>75 rules I came across the rule "Logs must not include any 599 signal
>reports."  Can someone explain this rule in simple words a newbie
>like me can understand?  :(

REPLY:

There have been many complaints over the years that REQUIRING a signal
report is a waste of time since nearly everyone sends 599 regardless
of the "real" report.

There are a few other contests that do not require signal reports but
BARTG has just taken it a step further to actively discourage signal
reports. Some people like signal reports, some don't.

Bill, W6WRT