[RTTY] 599 Log Reports?

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 18:42:01 PDT 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:00:12 +0100, "John Barber GW4SKA"
<ska at bartg.org.uk> wrote:

>Yes, it's unnecessary, wastes bandwidth and most important wastes time in
>the contest exchange. That was the reasoning when the rules were written.

REPLY:

I believe that for CW and SSB contesting, the signal report does have
a small amount of value. It prepares the ear for what is coming next
by letting you pick up the rhythm and tone just before the "real"
information. On RTTY however, there is no value that I can see. I
believe the requirement was just carried over out of habit.

I'm glad to see BARTG has eliminated it from this contest.

Bill, W6WRT