[RTTY] FSK and CAT via 1 serial port

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:38:35 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am looking for some validation on the information I have gathered via the
web.  I am working on building up an all inclusive interface box for my
IC-718 to PC.  It is going to have the sound card interface, CI-V interface,
CW key, and I want FSK but that is where my question is.  From what I have
read, FSK via serial port is done by toggling the TX pin.  The TX pin is of
course also used on the CI-V rig control connection.  Is this correct?  if
so looks like I will have to have 2 serial ports if I want to use FSK rather
than AFSK right?

Thanks,

Lou
K2LRV