[RTTY] FSK and CAT via 1 serial port

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Apr 27 11:04:00 PDT 2011

> Is this correct? if so looks like I will have to have 2 serial ports
> if I want to use FSK  rather than AFSK right?

Yes. you will need to use two serial ports if you want to use FSK.

Even if you could use DTR for FSK and RTS for PTT (for example with
EXTFSK), there is no operating system that will allow two programs
(a logging program and the FSK program) to access a single port at
the same time.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV