[RTTY] Digital DXCC or ARRL Board of Directors, respectfully: have my strong disagreement

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Tue Aug 2 19:42:14 PDT 2011

Out of curiousity, what's the benefit to you of calling PSK31 RTTY?  The only thing that's changed is the name of the award.  It has  been made representative of what the award is for.  Handing out an RTTY award for 100 PSK31 QSO's (which the ARRL has been doing for 20 or so years) and calling it the RTTY award would seem to disrespect a mode you want respected.

Like Abe Lincoln said - you can call a tail a leg, but a dog still has only 4 legs.

And modes don't care what you call them or how you categorize them.  They are quite insentient!

Al
AB2ZY