[RTTY] DXCC

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Aug 3 12:57:32 PDT 2011

On 8/3/2011 3:01 PM, WS7I wrote:
> Can't say that changing the name from RTTY to Digital on a piece of
> wallpaper makes all that much difference to me. As many have
> expressed there are a number of modes that could make up the total.
> I'm still workingon just getting to the Honor Roll. I don't think I
> will care if its has Digital Honor Roll or RTTY Honor Roll.

Or as Shakespeare penned ...

   > "What's in a name? That which we call a rose
   > By any other name would smell as sweet."

      Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

It's time to put all of this behind us ... ARRL have decided to change
the name of RTTY DXCC to Digital DXCC to more properly reflect the true
nature of the award.  They're not any more likely to make a separate
award for one specific digital mode than they are to make a separate
award for one specific phone mode (SSTV or AM).

Get over it and spend your effort on getting DXpedition organizers to
provide the same level of resources and operating time for RTTY as they
provide for CW and Phone.  Spend your efforts on promoting RTTY among
amateurs in smaller/rare countries.  In other words, do something
positive.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV