[RTTY] RTTY DXCC

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Aug 4 11:20:02 PDT 2011

 > Its not just disk operations and data selection.

It's also the cost of maintaining an additional set of records, annual
listings, developing and maintaining an "Honor Roll" for each sub-mode,
etc.

Unlike WAS, DXCC is not "just" the initial 100 entity award.  With WAS
assembling the 50 confirmations for the specific band, mode, sub-mode,
power level, etc, is a one time endeavor as is adding an endorsement
"all while sending with the left foot while standing on the head" along
with the operator's name and call on a stock WAS certificate.  There
are no special, progressive or ongoing award listings for any award in
the WAS program.

If you want a basic, "100 country" DXCC endorsed "all RTTY" with no
additional country endorsements - perhaps that's something the DXAC,
Awards Committee, and Board of Directors might consider.  It does not
add significantly to the infrastructure and staff costs of the DXCC
program.  However, creating a fifth parallel DXCC award for one of
many (and arguably no longer the most popular) digital modes is absurd
since the "RTTY" (now Digital) DXCC has accepted confirmations for any
digital mode for at least 30 years without controversy.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV