[RTTY] RTTY DXCC

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 12:48:18 PDT 2011

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 13:54:12 -0400, Neal Campbell <abrohamneal at gmail.com> wrote:

>Thats just the cost of storing the data. Someone has to oversee the program,
>QC the certificates, mail them, accept credits from non-LoTW submissions,
>validate specific mode qualifications of DXpeditions, etc.

REPLY:

All those things are done anyway, aren't they?

As I see it, here's how it would work at the ARRL:

A DXCC request would come in. It would specify which bands and modes the sender
wants listed on the certificate. The basic certificate would request ALL BANDS
and ALL MODES. If the request includes paper QSLs, those would first be entered
in the database manually.  LotW QSLs would already be there, of course. Or ARRL
could specify LotW only - no paper QSLs.

The clerk at ARRL would enter the call sign of the applicant and then would have
a screen with check boxes for all the bands and all modes, plus one box for ALL
BANDS and one box for ALL MODES.

The clerk would mouse-click whatever boxes the requester specified and hit
ENTER. The program would scan the database, verify that there are enough QSLs to
meet the requirements, and print the certificate. It could also print a list of
the calls worked, if desired.

Endorsements for additional QSLs would be similar to what is already done today
except with the addition of the check boxes above.

Once the original programming is done, this should be as easy as can be.

Comments?

73, Bill W6WRT