[RTTY] ST0R RTTY Statistics

iw1ayd iw1ayd at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:42:48 PDT 2011

Hi all.

BTW also FLDIGI does the same as I2DMI, Francesco, showed us with
MMVARI. It seems a little bit more hard to set by levels and, well,
squelch .... still inside N1MM.

I have the hope that this would become a normal practice also with SDR,
plenty of band there. Integrating a bandscope, a RTTY "skimmer" and the
bandmap. No VFO tuning, but almost point and click over a set of know
source signals, by the decodind all those and by the bandmap. This would
be like "contesting a la carte", as with a menu of call signs, at least
for S&P stations and a great help also for the runners. Nonetheless a 3
KHz of bandwidth it's a big help for a DX expedition and there are two
sides for any DX expeditions.
Right now there isn't any SDR capable to do so, nor with the integrated
decoder, nor with an integrated över the waterfall" bandmap. There was a
beta by Simon, HB9DRV, but still short in bandwidth.

The logger integration will be another tale.

The last thing, I didn't recognize what's the window in the the upper
left corner of the screen in the Francesco movie. Any idea, suggestions?

                73 de iw1ayd Salvo