[RTTY] ST0R RTTY Statistics

Larry lknain at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 11 13:40:47 PDT 2011

I did RTTY from XV this year and it was interesting. I was running  with
MMTTY.
The signal display often looked like a DC signal on a scope with a slight
ripple
for several kHz making the display nearly useless as a tuning aid. The
stronger
signals would usually pop out while tuning across the pile but not always.

I was only able to manage about 10% RTTY QSOs from XV. I had hoped to get
the percentage closer to 25%.  Low power and only a vertical didn't help. I
often
called CQ with no response.

The discussion here is interesting and I will have to look at the
possibilities for next year's
trip to XV.

73, Larry  W6NWS