[RTTY] Response to DX Station

Neal Campbell abrohamneal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 09:05:52 PDT 2011

I the DX station was upset about the multi-band/mode contacts they would
stop them! In some ways I think they promote them by setting these high qso
objectives and then showing how they beat them.

IMO the issue isn't the multi-multi contacts, its that people just ignore
courtesy and logic in working these expeditions. In other words, I don't
think its the DXpedition irritation but the frustration of those trying to
get a contact with them.
73
Neal

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu at w0mu.com> wrote:

> The one problem with online "logs" is that the DX could have busted a
> call and logged me instead of W1MU or W9MU.  In your scenario I would be
> penalized because they busted the contact.
>
> I don't know how many people feel the need to work DX peditions multiple
> times when they know they have a solid contact.
>
> W0MU
>
> On 8/12/2011 4:17 AM, Shelby Summerville wrote:
> > K0IDT wrote: "If you could get everyone to read and abide by the DX Code
> of
> > Conduct it might help  http://dx-code.org/"
> >
> > As long as DXCC Challenge, DeSoto Cup and the "ego satisfying" attempts
> > stay at the top of the Honor Roll exists, the DX Code of Conduct is not
> > applicapable! For the few that "work them and shut up", many, many more
> try
> > and work them on as many bands/modes as possible. I await the day a
> "rare"
> > DXpedition, that has online log availability, and publishes their
> operating
> > style, penalizes duplicate band callers by removing all of their other
> > contacts? If one is sure that they are in the online log, I see
> absolutely
> > no reason for another attempt, on the same band. In the case of a new
> > entity, "once per band/mode" should be enforced? I also believe that the
> DX
> > has most of the responsibility of "controlling the pileup"?
> >
> > C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW

Abroham Neal Software
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
Work:(540) 645 5394