[RTTY] RTTY vs Digital DXCC

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Wed Aug 17 08:30:37 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 08:54, Dave Barr <recordupe at verizon.net> wrote:
> Come on guys.  The accomplishment is the same whether the name on the
> DXCC certificate is RTTY or Digital.  Just because some of us have the
> former doesn't mean we made all the q's on RTTY.   When you get your

A couple problems as I see it:  1) No one asked the membership if the
change was desired it was announced with no forewarning.  As I told my
Div Dir, this does nothing but add to the chorus of folks who claim
that HQ (if not the BoD) is out of touch with the membership; 2) No
grace period for you!  Done deal.  All over.  No opportunity for those
of us that wanted a RTTY DXCC to get one.

As I've said before, I don't want to see DXCC become the morass of
awards that is WAS, so I don't expect to see awards for every single
mode and will grudgingly admit that Digital is a better fit.

OTOH, I *do* expect that the League will ask the membership what they
think before changes like this.  Further, I expect that there would
have been a grace period to allow those of us that really wanted RTTY
DXCC to still apply for it.  I submitted *the day* it was announced
... sorry, too late.