[RTTY] will a USB-Serial converter work for FSK and MMTTY

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Aug 22 19:06:15 PDT 2011

The USB to serial converter will work for FSK but *only* with MMTTY or
the "software generated FSK" in Writelog.

"Modern" USB to serial converters generally support 300 bps to 3 mbps
instead of ~20 bps to 230k bps of the first generation devices.  This
is due primarily to the higher clock (crystal) frequency and a desire
to support higher data transfer rates for mass storage devices.

The one exception is the Edgeport devices which will still support
45.45 baud FSK.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV