[RTTY] Pileup of Rookies!

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Mon Aug 22 19:13:54 PDT 2011

That online tutorial is the nuts, isn't it?

I got back into this hobby a few years ago after a 30+ year hiatus.  One of the first operating activities I did after I got my ticket was November Sweepstakes.  I had never contested before, and I was hooked like it was crack cocaine.

I woke up early (for me - 10AM!) on a Saturday morning just after the New Year and after poking around until about 11AM I "discovered" that the RTTY Roundup contest was starting at noon.

I'm technically savvy, but knew nothing about RTTY. With the help of Don's tutorial and a couple of audio cables, I was up and running with MMTTY and AFSK by the time the contest started an hour later.  Had a blast!

Al
AB2ZY