[RTTY] TX problem

Gedking at aol.com Gedking at aol.com
Tue Aug 23 15:58:49 PDT 2011

Never run more than 50% power on RTTY It's like putting a Brick on your CW
KEY

In a message dated 8/23/2011 3:01:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
whiter26 at sbcglobal.net writes:

I spent  some time in the SARTG and Rookie contests this past weekend. I was
running  90 watts ( don't have amp) and an external cooling fan. During the
SARTG  contest rig would stop transmitting. By turning it off for a few
minutes I  could TX again. I thought my cooling fan may have stopped running
and the  heat protection was working. The time I could TX kept getting
shorter until  now I can not TX at all. The radio can TX CW and SSB. I have
tried to TX  RTTY in MMTTY, N1MM and MixW programs. It apparently is a
software  condition. I did not change any of my set up. This just suddenly
started. I  have looked into my settings and I don't see anything out of
order. I am  set up for RTTY only, no CAT or any type of rig control or
spotting used.  Just plain RTTY to run contests thru N1MM with the  MMTTY
engine.

YAESU Mark-5,  RigBlaster Plus,  Windows XP  Prof.
Any suggestions as to where I should look for the problem is  appreciated.

Dick  -  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick"  White
Fulton, Missouri 65251 U.S.A.
whiter26 at sbcglobal.net