[RTTY] Key down & 50% power

Jeff Blaine keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 15:19:30 PDT 2011

Phil's comments about this recommendation being rig specific is right on the money.  That kind of general blanket statement is very
misleading, in the same way the PSK setting guidelines of no ALC = quality is really rig specific.

Yaesu's official recommendation (at least what they publish in the manuals) is to run at reduced power if the transmission lasts
"for more than a few minutes."  I never could understand that - but since I mostly contest or DX chase on RTTY, I don't send long
transmissions.  Never had a problem with the 2K or 5K.  Maybe I'm just living lucky?

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com