[RTTY] Re the 10m RTTY contest

G0RPM g0rpm at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 14:59:56 PST 2011

Phil

I also spotted several stations that were significantly stronger than the
rest.  Perhaps QRO, perhaps high gain antennas, not sure.

I will confess though that I was one of them!  I had about 1/2 hour to spare
on Sunday afternoon, spotted the contest on, looked up the rules and thought
I'd give away a few points.  I knew the power limit was 100W but since I
wasn't competing felt it was OK to go QRO (within my license conditions).
My goal was to give away a few points to the contests, not to compete (which
you cannot really do in 1/2 hour).  I did not post an entry on 3830 because
that would imply I was competing.  A checklog for my paltry few QSOs will be
submitted when I get a moment!

Regards
Nigel, G0RPM