[RTTY] Re the 10m RTTY contest

Barry Murrell ZS2EZ zs2ez at zs2ez.co.za
Tue Dec 6 02:55:04 PST 2011

Not when you are down at the bottom end of Africa!!!!  From here low power
is pure masochism - no fun at all.

This fact, plus faulty antennas, meant that I left 10m alone this past
Sunday. It is hard enough making oneself heard with high power (for us that
means 400W) when pretty much no-one actually beams in this direction. 100W
from here is an exercise in frustration, and I don't do frustration very
well!!

Looking forward to the Roundup - should have my antennas fixed by then
(after 3 months of almost constant buffeting by strong winds)

73 de BARRY MURRELL ZS2EZ
KF26ta - Port Elizabeth, South Africa
website : www.zs2ez.co.za