[RTTY] Re the 10m RTTY contest

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 6 06:12:22 PST 2011

I had trouble getting ZS in the log Sunday.  I heard three ZS stations that were S&P, so I fished for them but did not get any of them.  I decided to put the SteppIR in the bi-directional mode looking toward the west coast and South Africa at the same time and called CQ.  The problem with that was that I couldn't copy stations in the midwest that were answering me and coming in on the NW scatter path, so I just beamed fully to the west coast and finally a ZS station called me off the back of the antenna.  Luckily the ZS stations were strong or I would have never known they were there.

Don AA5AU