[RTTY] WPX Tips and Tricks Needed

Jeffrey Demers jdemers at Wakefly.com
Sun Feb 6 16:14:29 PST 2011

I'm planning a serious effort for WPX RTTY this coming weekend.

I'm still an extreme newbie to RTTY contesting - but boy has it been fun so far. I was hoping the veteran RTTY contesters could provide some tips on score maximization and on operating this contest in general.  I also see that the max operating time is 30 hours (instead of 36 max in other WPX contests) - this seems like a mixed blessing and I'm curious how serious WPXers deal with it with their off times.

I've attached some of initial goals below.  They seem fairly realistic - a projected rate of 36 qsos per hour over 30 hours.   This seems very doable based on my current station capabilties and the growing participation in this event.

Thanks in advance.

73! Jeff, N1SNB

2011 CQ WW WPX RTTY Goals

80/200
40/300
20/400
15/175
10/25

Total QSOs:  1100 / with 600 prefixes for around 1.1 million points