[RTTY] RST/RPT Separator

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Wed Feb 16 13:34:56 PST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 15:13, Dick <aa5vu at att.net> wrote:

> Please double check that you are using a separator between the RST and the
> Report.  A normal space is the best; however old dash is better than nothing.

We've discussed this many times.  A dash is better for RST+NR while a
space is better for RST+QTH (or name or other non-numerical exchange)
since dash is in the FIGS case so that you save the shift chars .

But yes, there should be SOMETHING else you will get asked for repeats.

It seemed to me last weekend that there were a number of stations
omitting spaces in other parts of their exchanges, too.