[RTTY] Sneak Preview of fldigi-3.21 (Signal Browser for RTTY)

Richard Ferch ve3iay at storm.ca
Wed Jan 5 14:28:47 PST 2011

Alex KR1ST wrote:

 > N1MM may have similar capabilities, I'm not sure. I
 > think MMVari has had this capability for years, just not in a browser
but as
 > separate receive channels I believe.

Actually, N1MM Logger has four different ways to do multi-signal receive
in digital modes:

1. up to four full-featured receive channels using MMVARI as the digital
engine (in any mode supported by MMVARI);

2. alternatively, a multi-channel browser in MMVARI with up to 24
channels (again, any mode in MMVARI);

3. fldigi's built-in browser (only in PSK with current versions of
fldigi, but apparently this will soon include RTTY);

4. regardless of which primary digital engine you use, you can add up to
four auxiliary receive-only RTTY decoders using MMTTY (the intent of
this feature is to permit different decoding profiles in parallel RX
windows, but they can be used for different signals instead).

The downside of using any of these for signal browsing is that you have
to be using a wide filter to receive multiple signals.

73,
Rich VE3KI