[RTTY] Post Roundup comments

NQ4S NQ4S at arrl.net
Mon Jan 10 10:53:14 PST 2011

I'm currently using a SignaLink USB as a sound interface so I'm limited to
AFSK.  With the radio in LSB mode my "Lo" won't go above 1000 and my "Hi"
below 1400.  With this I've been setting my Mark frequency at either 1170
Hz and corssing my fingers on no strong stations invading.  At times I've
found it works better to change the Mark to 1000 Hz as I still see enough
signal but it cuts out anything below 1000 Hz (actually, I guess above as it
is LSB).

I've been toying with the idea of building a box to let me use both the
SignaLink and direct FSK keying tied into the ACC2 port on my TS-2000.  The
trick would be to keep the sound card tie-in from the SignaLink but have a
separate COM cable back to the PC for keying and FSK.  If this would let me
get down to 250 Hz it may be a worthwhile project.