[RTTY] CQ or QRZ

Andy Swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 11:33:45 PST 2011

<9mmmi6ppsgtp4k5fmif967pmt058i52usi at 4ax.com>, "Bill, W6WRT"
<dezrat1242 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> But if you really prefer QRZ? it's ok, just inefficient.

No!

I'm surprised so many old hands are getting this basically wrong and there is so much debate about this.

QRZ - Who is calling me?   It sends the clear message that you're hearing someone calling you but you don't know who they are.   It's an encouragement to the other end to continue trying.

CQ -  A general request for anyone to call

seemples?

Andy
gm8oeg