[RTTY] The perfect delay for run CQ?

Fabi va2up va2up at live.ca
Wed Jan 12 19:06:12 PST 2011

Rich welcome first of all,

there is no such thing as a perfect delay time. Only you can tell if you need to make it longer or shorter according to the type of conditions you will encounter.
4 sec is about average I would say but you'll have to adjust even within the same contest and more than once as propagation changes or as you will qsy to another band. You'll develop your own rythm as time passes and experience sinks in I guess.
Excellent question BTW! GL

73,

Fabi  va2up
http://sites.google.com/site/va2upcontesting/