[RTTY] Secret

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Fri Jan 14 09:10:58 PST 2011

Now I'm sure that Rick, N6PE, meant this as a sarcastic piece.

Be careful the jest for even now there is an elite group of contesters
who have been attempting to secretly install these rules. Heavens to
RTTY-leaks ... how did Rick know? Who leaked these secrets?

Seriously, contesting for me is NOT recreation - for some it is an
obsession. That's why I don't do much, if any, contesting.

Secret: Contesting is an addictive game called: QUEST FOR POINTS.
The object is to win at any cost. Just look at the entry fee.
Rigs, towers, computers, exotic travel, more rigs, more antennas.
Fun? Enjoyment? Nope -- it's high pressure heart attack land.

My opinion.

CU in a rag-chew.

73 de Phil - N8PS

---