[RTTY] Self spotting outside of a contest?

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 13 15:58:50 PDT 2011

Nothing wrong with self spotting outside of a contest.  I do it at times, like last night, when I spotted myself on 50.3 RTTY.  It
did help generate a couple of Qs and one station even mentioned that he saw my spot.

I particularly like it when DX spot themselves.  For example, when VU2NKS spots himself I am always looking for him.  It helped me
work him on 12 and 17 meter RTTY and I keep chasing him when he spots himself on 30 meter RTTY but I've yet to hear him.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com