[RTTY] Tips needed for 75 Baud RTTY w/N1MM Logger & K3

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Jun 2 06:17:29 PDT 2011

Not much to do ...

In the N1MM "Digital Interface" open the MMTTY Configuration
dialog -> Select the "Decode" tab and set BaudRate to 75 Baud.
Then select the "Demodulator" tab and *uncheck* the "Fixes
45.45. baud" box in the HAM Default area.

You probably want to do this with the "Standard RTTY" profile
and save the result as a new profile for 75 baud.  I would not
recommend some of the newer (e.g. AA6YQ 512) profiles or use
of the "Dual Peak Filter" since the filtering may be a bit
narrow for the higher speed.  I do not know if Lyle's DSP code
compensates for the higher data rate with the K3's internal
dual tone RTTY filter.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV