[RTTY] Tips needed for 75 Baud RTTY w/N1MM Logger & K3

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 08:59:20 PDT 2011

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 01:55:06 EDT, RLVZ at aol.com wrote:

>I'd like to try 75 Baud RTTY this weekend for the 1st time in the DIGI
>Test.  Please share any tips you might have for setting up and  operating 75
>Baud RTTY using a K-3 and N1MM Logger.

REPLY:

Here are some tips for 75 baud:

1. To change MMTTY to 75 baud, go to Setup>Options>Decode and select 75 baud. On
the MMTTY window, do not press the HAM button during the contest or it will
revert back to 45 baud.

2. On N1MM Logger's Digital Interface window, under Setup>Settings, the box that
says (MMTTY)Send Ham Default on Run to S&P Change should be un-checked,
otherwise MMTTY will revert to 45 baud when changing to S&P mode.

3. As a result of doing step 1, you should also do this step to prevent AFC from
causing your TX and RX frequencies to drift apart and not be corrected on run
change. On the Digital Interface window, under Setup>Settings, the box that says
(MMTTY-MMVARI)Turn AFC On/Off After Run Change should be un-checked. After doing
this, go to the MMTTY window and be sure the AFC button is NOT pressed and that
MARK is set to 2125 Hz or whatever default tone you are using.

4. After the contest, to return MMTTY to 75 baud, on the MMTTY window, click the
HAM button. Also, in the  Digital Interface window, re-check the two boxes from
steps 2 and 3.

Good luck!

73, Bill W6WRT