[RTTY] Fwd: Re: Mark & Space - High Tones

Michael Haack mikehaack at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 14:10:05 PDT 2011

A number of years ago you would often see a note on the DXspot.

  Such as XX5XX 14089.0  RTTY - Space

  This was done by several of us because of the different MARK SPACE
displays of the various Radios.
  The Kenwood 950/940 for example, in FSK displays the SPACE freq. While
others rigs display Carrier, some MARK.
  There was in the RTTY Journal an article about M/S and a table of whos
displays what.

After a while, watching the cluster and your favorite spotters, you
learned who ran what and what their frequency meant to you.

73, Mike WB9B