[RTTY] Fwd: Re: Mark & Space - High Tones

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Thu Jun 9 16:04:57 PDT 2011

I owned quite a few TS-940's and TS-950's over the years. If you read
the manual (TS-950sdx, page 36, top left column), it states the
frequency displayed is the SPACE frequency. The manual is wrong. All the
Kenwood's I owned displayed the MARK frequency.

Joe W4TV and I exchanged a few emails about this. I did additional
testing using the WWV carrier as a reference. The radios in fact were
displaying the MARK frequency on their dial. The Kenwood manual was
never corrected, as far as I know.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN