[RTTY] LDC

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 10 15:42:21 PDT 2011

Thanks Shelby.  I had not read the rules and glad that I did.  I see a very interesting class in this contest that DOES NOT exist in
any other RTTY contest that I know of.  And that's Class A3:

A3 - SINGLE OPERATOR UNLIMITED (SOU)
One person (the operator) performs all operating and logging functions.
May operate the full length of the contest. No restrictions exist for the
number of radios used and number of band changes.
General rule 4e is not applicable.

Here is General rule 4e:

(e) Only one transmitted signal is permitted at any time.

The other single operator classes specifically state SO1R.  This means SO2R operators may only operate as A3.  AND they do not have
to have only one transmitted signal at a time.  They can key as many radios at the same time and they want.  Too bad I don't have my
third radio hooked up.  This could be real fun.  Unfortunately I'll be limited in this one.  Too many other things to do.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com