[RTTY] Three lessons from NAQP

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 06:52:31 PST 2011

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 09:21:04 -0500, David Levine
<david at levinecentral.com> wrote:

>I agree and I'm sticking with
>
>YourCall TU MyCall CQ
>
>Sorry, but you have to wait for the TU after YourCall or you can tune away
>on YourCall if you want.

REPLY:

You have a good point about putting the call first and TU second. For
years that's the way I did it but recently I changed after hearing some
discussion to the contrary. Now I'm not so sure that way is best. If
there are two stations who both think they worked me, as soon as they
see the TU, they will be gone, but only one is in the log.

I'm going back to K2DSL TU W6WRT CQ.  There is no one perfect macro that
fits all situations. You do the best you can.

Thanks, Dave.

73, Bill W6WRT