[RTTY] NEW! The 10-Meter RTTY Contest

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Fri May 27 02:12:06 PDT 2011

W6WRT wrote: "One of my favorite challenges in contesting is
to work all 80 sections in a single weekend. And you get a nice mug too (not
free of course, you have to pay for it but at least you get it)."

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Contest%20Rules%20PDFs/2010/2010%20ARRL%20November%20Sweepstakes%20Rules.pdf

"To earn your mug, work all 80 ARRL/RAC sections during the CW or Phone
November Sweepstakes. Mug awards are based on claimed scores. The price for
the keepsake mug is $12 each, (including postage and handling.)"

Any contest that uses "claimed" scores for awards, especially when the award
has a cost, is no longer a "favorite" of mine. Just as the Dayton RTTY
contesting forum has taken a few years to evolve into a well attended, stand
alone event, I suspect it will take a few years of higher sunspot numbers to
determine if this contest will do the same. Regardless I applaud the
sponsors for their attempt.

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW