[RTTY] SO2R OT

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Fri Nov 11 08:41:35 PST 2011

This question is a little off topic, but don't know where else to go.

I'm trying to set up my FT-450AT to use in the WAE.

Whenever I hit the transmit button, the radio shuts off and no RF goes out.
It's like the voltage is too low.

I put a meter on the power supply and when I key the radio, the voltage
stays at 14, but for some reason, the radio won't key up in RTTY.  I thought
maybe the voltage was dropping, but it isn't.  Probably not getting enough
current somehow, but I'd think the voltage would go down if that was
happening.

This also happens on my FT-840 adn the TS-450's.  Thanks and 73 and hope to
work you in the WAE.
Tom W7WHY