[RTTY] RadioShack isolation transformer replacement

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Wed Apr 4 09:42:27 PDT 2012

Great advice and well-summarized.  Isolation transformers are a work-around
for system grounding problems.  However, isolation transformers are useful
when it is not easy or quick to do these two things.  I keep a supply of
them handy for quick "fixes" when a ground loop problem arises.  Ultimately
fixing the ground loop problem is the better approach.

The same thing is true of ferrites to work-around RFI problems in the shack.

Ed W0YK